So....as I sit here watching Overboard on TV (yes, the '80s flick with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell - SHUT UP, it's one of my faves!), I'm re-hashing my day in my head...
1) went to Old Navy, cleaned up on the Performance Fleece scarves...I think I forgot to mention the really cute sweater I bought for myself there too.
2) Went to the mall, hit up H&M...hello BOGO! Got 4 sweaters for $31 (I had a $20 gift card that knocked the price down a bit for me...but still!). Two of them are tunic-length and belted and will look FAB with some leggings and the new short booties I got from Forever 21 last week...they are to DIE for....black snakeskin look with 4.5" stiletto heels....I LOVE THEM so much! Saw our friends Matt and Rhonda and their wee little baby also...chatted them up a while, then headed home.
3) Went through the drive-thru at Starbucks - it's Peppermint Mocha Twist season again!!! OMG, it's my most favorite favorite wintertime fru fru coffee drink EVER! One of those and a kids' hot chocolate, and we were on the way home.
4) we get home, I get the bags, hand KP her hot chocolate, and we head for the door.
5) KP drops the entire cup of hot chocolate on the front porch
6) KP starts crying
7) KP breaks my heart because as she's crying she's also talking and, even though she's barely coherent, I can make out that she's SUPER sad that she has no hot chocolate and the cup was too big for her hands to hold and she "doesn't have big hands" because she's "not big yet!" She then sobbed..."I'm just little!"
8) I turn her around, put her back in the car, go back for more hot chocolate, but go to Tim Horton's b/c I'm not driving another 15 min back to Starbucks when Tim's is less than 5 min away...
9) Pull into Tim's, KP says "Hey, this isn't the coffee shop...this is the donut shop!"
10) Order hot chocolate
11) take it home, rinse out the first Starbucks cup, pour the Tim Horton's hot chocolate into the Starbucks cup so she won't know any different.
12) realize that for $1.20, you get twice as much hot chocolate as a $1.70 kids' hot chocolate at Starbucks...fume about that for a sec.
13) Be happy that KP is happy because she got her hot chocolate
I had those weird upper stomach pains ALL DAY LONG today...until about 4:30 PM. I couldn't eat all day (minus that 1/4 of the omelete that started the whole thing) ....but at about 5 I felt 100% fine and started getting totally ravenous. I made Ky and I some chicken nachos, which were really yummy...but I am realizing more and more that I need to see the Dr. about this! It hurt so bad ALL DAY LONG! Looks like I'm making a phone call this coming week...
I let Ky stay up half an hour past her bedtime (don't tell Phil...he seriously FREAKS if she's up past 8:30. He's sort of a bedtime Nazi...) and, since she went to bed at 9, I've been shopping online. Looking up the leaked Black Friday ads, trying to think of what to get people for Christmas. So far I know what to get for my parents, Phil, and Ky (of course, what DOESN'T KP want?)...but everyone else, I dunno. Gotta get ideas from the ads. I wonder if there will even be anything in the ads worth going out super early for? Ohhh...I'm sure I'll find something.
Phil and I are actually seriously debating taking Ky to Disney World next year. Now through the end of Dec. they are running a promo, if you buy 4 nights at their resort and 4 days' worth of tickets, you get 3 nights/3 days' worth of tickets FREE plus a $200 Disney gift card. For all 3 of us to stay in a Disney resort for 7 days plus get 7 days' worth of park passes AND have the meal plan, it's only $1500. If Spirit would run a cheapie flight to Orlando, Phil said he'd be 100% for it. So, I'm sort of excited about that possibility....we would probably go in Feb....the weather in Florida is FAB that time of year....
Of course, realistically, we are going on two other trips next year so we really need to plan it out. We were supposed to organize a group trip back to Myrtle Beach to celebrate our 5th anniv, but with our trip to Texas in July plus our friend Brian got engaged a couple weeks ago and is talking destination wedding in June...well, we decided that Myrtle would have to wait. Now we are talking Disney World! Heh. We'll see what happens. I must admit, I hope we DO end up going. I went to Disney in Nov. 2006 with 3 of my friends and we had the BEST BEST BEST time. I LOVED it!!! I think we would have a fabulous time (although Phil has expressed concern over being driven crazy by the "It's a Small World" song....I assured him we'd stay far away from that ride).
Well, back to online shopping a bit longer, then I think I'll hit the sack...Phil will be home tomorrow. He e-mailed me from his Blackberry saying that he was sorry but the guys woulnd't stop in Greektown for him to go to Astoria (the best bakery in the world...we ALWAYS go when we are in Detroit!). I told him he could make up for it by bringing home a newspaper and an Asiago cheese bagel from Panera when he gets home tomorrow morning :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment