Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Lots of things you never cared to know about me...

~I am 5'4"

~I am 30 years old

~I work in cancer pharmacology/drug discovery/chemotherapy efficacy testing

~I constantly listen to music. My husband calls me the "human jukebox". I listen to everything from Harry Connick, Jr. to Too Short. The only genre I don't care for: country. Everything else = fair game.

~I don't like sushi. I've tried it lots of times at lots of different places. I've tried it cooked and raw. I've even tried vegetarian. I just don't get it. I find I like my fish better in a nice grilled filet form.

~Once, when I was 12, I used an entire bottle of Sun-In on my hair. It turned orange with white streaks.

~I was in a TV commercial when I was 6.

~My mood is highly dependant on two things: caffeine and sleep. I have to have plenty of sleep every night, and must be adequately caffeinated in order to be a pleasant - hell, even functional - person. If I'm tired, or lacking a big cup of coffee, I am NOT nice.

~I have polish on my toenails 365 days a year. I cannot stand chipped toenail polish and therefore am extremely anal about maintaining my pedicure at all times.

~I refuse to buy shampoo, conditioner, perfume or makeup from a grocery store.

~I wear a size 7 shoe

~I can literally RUN in 5 inch heels. I LOVE stilettos and would live in them if it was practical. I cannot STAND when they are called "hooker shoes"...if only you knew how much better they make your butt look!!!!

~I have a tattoo of a flower on my stomach that I got when I was a mere 17 years old. As a 30 year old, I hate it, but it was awesome when I got it 13 years ago.

~My first car was a blue Toyota Camry. Which I proceeded to run headfirst into a BMW when I was out prom dress shopping my senior year of high school. Ooops.

~I am the oldest of 3 kids.

~I never had pets growing up, but have 3 dogs now.

~My oldest friend is Heather and we have known each other since we were literally in diapers. My dad and her mom have been friends since grade school. Heather and I don't know a time in our lives when we weren't friends.

~I never wear a dress more than once. If an occasion requires a dress, I go out and buy one; then the next dress-up occasion, I will not wear it again. I have a closet full of dresses only worn once. I have no idea why I do this.

~I bought a brand new stick shift car in June because it got great gas mileage. Then gas dropped to $1.59 a gallon. Go figure.

~I hate scary movies.

~When I was in high school I modeled for a local portrait studio...as in, I posed for those photos hanging on the wall when you go to the picture studio.

~ Bands I have seen in concert include Violent Femmes, Stone Temple Pilots (twice), Deftones, KISS, White Zombie, Korn, and Dave Matthews Band.

~I know how to play "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane on the guitar.

~I love giant sunglasses. The big "Jackie-o" kind.

~My college roommate Lee and I had only known each other for about 2 weeks before we decided to look for a place to live together. We are still great friends to this day and she is my daughter's godmother (and I am her daughter's godmother!).

~The only way I like milk is on my cereal. I NEVER drink it otherwise.

~My eyes are green and brown mixed together and turn very bright green when I am angry or crying. The brown parts completely disappear.

~I once burnt my arm on a kerosene heater. I still have a scar.

~Things I've had pierced besides ears: belly button, eyebrow, nose, and "down below" if you get my drift. Things I have pierced currently = ears. I've very "over" the whole body piercing thing...it's sort of 1990's (which is when I had those things listed pierced).

~My husband and I had a destination wedding, and it was the best decision we could have made.

~I absolutely hate cooking.

~I absolutely love cleaning the house.

~One of my front teeth is fake (thus the reason I can't use whitening toothpaste or bleach on my teeth...fake teeth don't bleach). I broke it when I was 11.

~I was in gymnastics in high school. I can still do a cartwheel, but would probably seriously injure myself if I tried anything more advanced.

~My favorite drinks are wine, beer, water or diet Mt. Dew. Although I do love a good martini here and there!

~My favorite Christmas cartoon in the whole world is " 'Twas the Night Before Christmas", the one with the mice and the clock. My sister text messages me every year to tell me it's on.

~I normally drink my coffee just black, and I love it really bold and strong. But, when Mint Mochas come out at Christmas time, I drink enough to them to hold me over til the next winter. They are my FAVORITE.

~My first job was at the Toledo Zoo.

~I have no idea if I want to have any more children or not. Some days I really want to, and some days I'm like, "No way, Jose!" Phil and I know that we may or may not ever decide to have more...and we are ok with just going with the flow on that.

~I want to go to Greece someday. At least for the food if nothing else!

~I have been to Myrtle Beach, SC a total of 15 times in my life.

~Phil and I went whale watching in Newfoundland in 2003.

~I HATE lawn decorations, especially hideous inflatable Christmas junk. TACK-KAY!

~I shave every single day, sometimes twice. I am officially a shave-a-holic.

~My most favorite movies are Blow, American Beauty, and True Romance.

~I am a big Uof M hockey fan.

~My favorite color is blue.

~I'm a scrapbooker and love making scrapbooks for people as gifts.

~I hate heights and riding any ride that gives you "roller coaster stomach".

~I never met a vegetable or fruit I didn't like, unless you count olives, which taste like death to me.

~I carry my camera with me in my purse and take pictures of EVERYTHING.

~I wanted to be a journalist the whole time I was growing up. So, I went to journalism school and then got a job writing for a newspaper, only to find out that I hated it. I worked horrible long hours for peanuts, and it involved a lot of sitting through hideously boring city council meetings. So I went back to school to be a vet tech, which landed me where I am today!

No comments: